Welcome to Palmetto Christian Academy of Greenwood!
Our mission is to provide an environment of academic excellence and Christian nurture to prepare students for godly living.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
The following, together with Christian principles of doctrine and practice is the basis of faith and doctrine for Palmetto Christian Academy of Greenwood.
Based on Holy Scripture and the constant moral teaching of the universal Church, we believe:
- The Bible is the inspired, only infallible authoritative Word of God.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- The deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory.
- That lost and sinful humanity is in need of God’s salvation.
- That believers are justified by grace through faith alone.
- That regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- The present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- The resurrection of both the saved and the lost; those saved unto the resurrection of life and those lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- The spiritual unity of all believers in the Lord Jesus Christ.
Palmetto Christian Academy of Greenwood is a non-denominational K3-12 college preparatory school. We believe that God has given parents the primary responsibility for educating their children. When parents choose to enroll their children in Palmetto Christian Academy, they do not abdicate that responsibility, but rather join with the school in obeying God’s command. In 2007, a group of concerned parents recognized the need for a Christian school that understands and honors this relationship and is committed to academic excellence. Out of that concern, Palmetto Christian Academy was born.
Palmetto Christian Academy offers an environment in which students are nurtured in the Christian faith, challenged to grow in their understanding of the faith, and encouraged to take ownership of their relationship to God. This is accomplished through classes in Bible and Christian thought and by teaching our students to look through the lens of Scripture in all subjects to determine what is true, that is, to develop a Christian worldview. We understand the important role that modeling and mentoring has in the development of Christian character and lifestyle. All of our faculty and staff are chosen not just for their academic or technical expertise, but also for their ability to model their faith and share their lives with students.
Though there are many denominational differences, Palmetto Christian Academy embraces the common Christian belief that godly living must be in accordance with the Word of God and can only be accomplished through the power of the Holy Spirit. God’s calling upon our students involves more than a personal call to faith; it is also God’s call to our students to honor Him by becoming good citizens, responsible family members, and faithful members of His church. It is our desire to glorify God by enabling our students to respond faithfully to God’s call on their lives.